[yocto] Warning about auto generated BSP description

Robert Calhoun rcalhoun at shotspotter.com
Sun Sep 13 18:40:22 PDT 2015

Your kernel recipe needs to have an entry for the machine, e.g. a kernel recipe called linux-mainline.bb contains
COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_mymachine = "mymachine"

Also, your machine config file mymachine.conf needs to have a preferred kernel version, e.g:
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-mainline"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.19%"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-mainline ?= "4.2%"

(I am not certain these will fix your error but you should have them defined.)
-Rob