[yocto] Error in openssl during first stage do_rootfs

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 11 23:46:06 PDT 2015

After two years away from Yocto-land, I've decided to go back into an old
project and upgrade it. I installed Fido (I formerly used Danny), made a
few changes to my old metadata (bumped up some package version numbers),
and created a new stripped down Atom-tuned i386 BSP using
yocto-kernel-rt_3.14. I've ploughed my way through a lot of errors, but
now I'm getting a fatal error I don't understand. It's still in the first
phase of the build, I believe. I've put the error log here:

    http://pderocco.dynip.com/junk/errors.txt

It's complaining about some version mismatch in openssl. The recipe is for
openssl 1.0.2d, but the error messages refer to libssl.so.1.0.0 and
libcrypto.so.1.0.0. It's complaining about a lack of a "link time
reference", and while I can imagine what that might mean, I don't know
what it actually is, why such a reference would or wouldn't exist, or what
to do about it. A half hour of Googling turned up bupkis. Is this an issue
with the recipe, with the upstream openssl package, or with something in
my system? Could it be because I have openssl 1.0.0 installed on my
system?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com