[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW37

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Sep 11 08:24:48 PDT 2015

Current Dev Position: 1.9 Milestone 3 (M3)

Next Deadline: M3 cut off of August 24th at noon GMT (On hold until most likely next week)

SWAT team rotation: Beth -> Saul

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*         M3/Feature freeze is still being worked on and continues to be delayed. Many things have merged but there are issues being encountered in some areas.

*         Test builds are continuing as fast as the infrastructure allows us to validate changes and get them merged.

*         The qemuarm segfault has been resolved.

*         Issues have been encountered in the sdk testing, particularly aarch64 and those are being addressed. It has highlighted issues with the QA infrastructure as well.

*         There were significant issues found  with SIGKILL handling this week and those have also been resolved.

*         The mips lsb-sdk sanity test failures look like they're due to mips being incredibly slow at running some of the tests and it appears those tests have never been run up until some recent configuration changes.

*         There does appear to be a significant cpu usage issue when running some of the automated QA tests which also doesn't help our overloaded infrastructure.

*         Reminder: The current version that is in development will launch as YP 2.0 in October, 2015. We have renamed YP 1.9 M4 to YP 2.0.  This will be the stabilization milestone for YP 2.0 release.

*         Since we have passed YP 1.9 M3; we are at YP 1.9 / 2.0 feature freeze.   All enhancements now will be pushed YP 2.1.

*         The release name for YP 2.0 is 'jethro'.

Key YP 1.9/2.0 Dates:

YP 1.9 M3 Release Target: Before Sept. 11 2015  (Will be late)

YP 2.0 Final - 2.0 Cut off: Sept. 28, 2015 noon GMT

YP 2.0 final Release Target: Before Oct. 30, 2015

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.9_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Features

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2154 (last week 2054 )

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com