[yocto] dropbear is not working after including in IMAGE_FEATURES

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Thu Sep 10 10:37:54 PDT 2015

On 09/10/2015 05:17 PM, Vivek Per wrote:> Hi,
>       I have included IMAGE_FEATURES += "ssh-server-dropbear" in my
> recipe image. and created the image.

So you have something like:

image-features-image.bb with something like this?

-->

IMAGE_INSTALL = "packagegroup-core-boot packagegroup-base-extended"

IMAGE_FEATURES += "debug-tweaks splash x11-base ssh-server-dropbear \
                   package-management x11-sato"

inherit core-image

<--

> But after flashing the image i was not able to connect to target using
> ssh from my host machine. but target to host is working fine. Can any
> one tell me why it is not working. Is there any package need to add?

check your IMAGE_FEATURES if it's really like you want it:

bitbake -e image-features-image | grep ^IMAGE_FEATURES=

I see something like this:

IMAGE_FEATURES="debug-tweaks splash x11-base ssh-server-dropbear
package-management x11-sato"

You might want to check if dropbear made it into your image with
something like this before flashing it:

bitbake -g image-features-image && cat pn-depends.dot | grep -v -e
'-native' | grep -v digraph | grep -v -e '-image' | awk '{print $1}' |
sort | uniq

This will give you a list and you should find something like:

"dropbear"

"packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear"

> Thanks and Regards
>

> --

Regards,

Robert..."Whereas Europeans generally pronouce my name the right way
(Ni-klows Virt), Americans invariably mangle it into 'Nickle-less
Worth'. This is to say that Europeans call me by name, but Americans
call me by value." -- Niklaus Wirth

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1