[yocto] do_unpack task getting failed when tar files are added to download directory manually

Vivek Per pervivek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 05:10:55 PDT 2015

Hi,
    I want to build vlan_1.9.bb (open-embedded recipe) in my system . I
downloaded vlan_1.9.orig.tar.gz tarball manually (same version specified in
recipe) and placed in download (DL_DIR) directory and created an empty
vlan_1.9.orig.tar.gz.done in download directory and try to *bitbake vlan*.
It is giving error while do_unpack task and vlan_1.9.orig.tar.gz.lock file
is getting created in download directory(DL_DIR). I can able to build other
yocto recipes normally like this but i am facing problem with open-embedded
recipes only .I have added open-embedded path in bblayers.conf file. Can
any one please tell me how can i make this file get included from download
directory.

Thanks and Regards
          Vivek