[yocto] SELinux XATTR error - check_rootsfs failing

Divya Vyas edivya.vyas at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 10:41:15 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am getting this error while booting the selinux enabled image
(core-image-selinux)

* SELinux requires the root '/' filesystem support extended
  filesystem attributes (XATTRs).  It does not appear that this
  filesystem has extended attribute support or it is not enabled.

  - To continue using SELinux you will need to enable extended
    attribute support on the root device.

  - To disable SELinux, please add "selinux=0" in the kernel
    command line.

* Halting the system now.

My fstab is below :

rootfs                  /               ext3
defaults,acl,user_xattr 0 1

Here is the kernel  configuration :

KERNEL_CONFIG_AUDIT="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_NETWORK_SECMARK=
"y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_EXT2_FS_SECURITY="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_EXT4_FS_SECURITY="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_EXT2_FS_ATTR="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_EXT3_FS_ATTR="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_JFS_SECURITY="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_SECURITY="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_SECURITY="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM_VALUE="1"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DISABLE="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DEVELOP="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_AVC_STATS="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_CHECKREQPROT_VALUE="1"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITYFS="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_AUDIT_GENERIC="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY_SELINUX="y"
KERNEL_CONFIG_SECURITY_PATH="y"

My filesystem is ext3 . I think all configs are enabled.

Any idea where is the problem?

Thanks,