[yocto] gdb/gdbserver vs. eclipse

Rudolf J Streif rudolf.streif at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:47:50 PDT 2015

Hi Robert,

I am seeing the same thing. I cannot even step into a library function unless
I check "Load shared library symbols automatically" in Debug Configurations >
Remote C/C++ Application > <Your Application> > Debugger > Shared Libraries.

I also have to add the whole sysroot and solib shebang to the .gdbinit file
otherwise it won't work.

The sysroot setting from the Yocto Project plugin does not seem to get applied
to gdb. For some reason adding the path to the sysroot to "Shared Libraries"
does not work for me either. Although it's the same path I am using in the
.gdbinit file gdb complains about an architecture mismatch:

warning: `/lib/libc.so.6': Shared library architecture i386 is not compatible
with target architecture i386:x86-64.
warning: .dynamic section for "/lib/libc.so.6" is not at the expected address
(wrong library or version mismatch?)

Cheers,
Rudi