[yocto] gdb/gdbserver vs. eclipse

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Fri Sep 4 14:39:53 PDT 2015

Hi,

I managed to step form HelloWorld into the C library and friends with a
.gdbinit file like this:

# don't use default libs from x86/Ubuntu:
set sysroot /opt/adt-target-sysroot/beagle-bone-black-ml
set solib-absolute-prefix /opt/adt-target-sysroot/beagle-bone-black-ml
set solib-search-path  /opt/adt-target-sysroot/beagle-bone-black-ml
# point to the libraries with debug info:
set debug-file-directory
/opt/adt-target-sysroot/beagle-bone-black-ml/usr/lib/debug
# point to the source code:
set substitute-path /usr/src/debug
/opt/adt-target-sysroot/beagle-bone-black-ml/usr/src/debug
set substitute-path /
/opt/adt-target-sysroot/beagle-bone-black-ml/usr/src/debug
# connect to target:
target remote 192.168.42.11:5555
# set some breakpoints:
b main
b 32

When I try to do the same thing with Eclipse luna and the Eclipse plugin
it can not find the sources.

I am able to debug a hello world program with Eclipse, but when I step
into the C library I only see assembly code.

What magic is Eclipse doing?

Shouldn't .gdbinit work as well with Eclipse?

Regards,

Robert..."Software development is like making a baby... You can't make a
baby in one month by impregnating nine women."

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1