[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW36

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Sep 4 08:13:43 PDT 2015

Current Dev Position: 1.9 Milestone 3 (M3)
Next Deadline: M3 cut off of August 24th at noon GMT (On hold until most likely late next week)

SWAT team rotation: Jussi -> Beth
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

  *   M3/Feature freeze is still being worked on. A status email was sent to OE-Core for the issues which are still pending inclusion.
  *   Test builds are continuing as fast as the infrastructure allows us to validate changes and get them merged.
  *   YP 2.0 will ship with gcc 5.2 as the default, we no longer have any failures related to the new version of gcc.
  *   We have tracked down one key random failure issue we were seeing in qemu. Many thanks to Anibal for his work on this, it was a tricky bug to figure out. We are also hot on the trail of another arm specific qemu issue.
  *   Other autobuilder issues remain and these continue to be worked on.
  *   Reminder: The current version that is in development will launch as YP 2.0 in October, 2015. We have renamed YP 1.9 M4 to YP 2.0.  This will be the stabilization milestone for YP 2.0 release.
  *   Since we have passed YP 1.9 M3; we are at YP 1.9 / 2.0 feature freeze.   All enhancements now will be pushed YP 2.1 other than those listed in the status email referred to above.
  *   The kernel versions in YP 2.0 are now pretty finalized other than some references many moving from 3.14 to 4.1 even in the lsb/ltsi case.
  *   The release name for YP 2.0 is 'jethro'.

Key YP 1.9/2.0 Dates:
YP 1.9 M3 Release Target: Before Sept. 11 2015  (Will be late)
YP 2.0 Final - 2.0 Cut off: Sept. 28, 2015 noon GMT
YP 2.0 final Release Target: Before Oct. 30, 2015

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.9_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Features

Tracking Metrics:
            WDD 2054 (last week 2023 )
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com