[yocto] Modify RPM package for the DB location

Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav) abhinavbipnesh at avaya.com
Thu Sep 3 02:45:34 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to modify the RPM package for having a different location for the database files from current location of /var/libs/RPMS. As we are using RAMFS with limited size we want to create the database for RPM's on SD card instead of current location /var/libs/RPMS.
One way of doing it to pass the alternative path as an argument to -dbpath option. But we need to do the same for many packages. So we want to modify the option to have a default option instead of passing it manually with each packages.
Any thoughts how we can achieve the same.

Thanks,
Abhinav