[yocto] ADA Support?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 11:30:57 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:38 AM, Smith, Daniel W <dwsmith at ball.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I’m trying to figure out what is the best an easiest way to add ADA/GNAT
> support for PPC.  I’m currently running poky-fido-13.0.0.  I’m new to Yocto.
>

> Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?  Ideally I’d be
> able to cross compile using devtool and bitbake recipes or ADT, but I would
> be even be satisfied with just compiling the ADA source natively on the
> target.

it will be bit involved effort. you have to look into

meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-configure-common.inc
LANGUAGES ?= "c,c++${FORTRAN}${JAVA}"

so you need to add it there and then also package and build the
resulting ada runtime
that should get you going. There will be few other notches needed but minor.