[yocto] [meta-chip] Yocto on the 9$ computer

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:52:52 PDT 2015

Andrei

good work.

> On Oct 24, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 09:58:42PM +0200, Nicolas Aguirre wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>> Hi Andrei,
>>
>>> Have a C.H.I.P. 9$ computer? It works with Yocto now.
>>>
>>> http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-chip/
>>>
>> Good job.
>> IMO it make sense to add C.H.I.P support in meta-sunxi, don't you think ?
>>
>> https://github.com/linux-sunxi/meta-sunxi
>>

> Well. Temporary it is a separate layer. And this is mainly because of the
> overhead you need for flashing the board. So I do see a benefit in keeping it
> separately. We will see in time.

what does board flashing has to do with layer infrastructure ?
when creating a new layer all we should think that it should make it easy for end user
to use the ecosystem and reduce confusion. That also might mean that you may have different layers
for chips coming from  same SOC vendor but it is contextual, e.g. if you are using same
u-boot and kernel trees as rest of sunxi then you better align it in sunxi layer e.g.