[yocto] Disabling ipv6

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Oct 27 01:45:26 PDT 2015

On 26 October 2015 at 20:16, Todd Efflam <todd.efflam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip.  We tried adding this to the local.conf file but
> it failed with the following error:
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'glibc'
> ERROR: glibc was skipped: missing required distro feature 'ipv6' (not
> in DISTRO_FEATURES)

Ouch.  That's surely not right.

The commit that introduced this was:

commit 97899bc908a421295d814801ff86edeb9304d2fd
Author: Chen Qi <Qi.Chen at windriver.com>
Date:   Thu Jul 3 11:23:42 2014 +0800

    eglibc: check for required distro features

    If users accidently override the DISTRO_FEATURES in local.conf,
    then build failures occur for lack of libc functions.

    All features in DISTRO_FEATURES_LIBC should be in DISTRO_FEATURES.
    That's why this patch let the recipe inherit distro_features_check
    class and set REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES to "${DISTRO_FEATURES_LIBC}".

    [YOCTO #6381]

But the entire point of the logic in glibc-options is to make these
options, well, optional.

It looks like the required_distro_features use in eglibc is misguided.  Can
you comment out the REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES assignment in glibc.inc and
verify that it then builds fine without ipv6 enabled?

Cheers,
Ross