[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW43

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Oct 23 08:19:18 PDT 2015

Current Dev Position: YP 2.0 Final (rc2 is in QA)
Next Deadline: YP 2.0 Final Release Target: Oct. 30, 2015 (We will miss this date.)

SWAT team rotation: Benjamin -> Juro
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Top Bugs to be tackled (2.0 release blockers):

  *   systemd timeouts in the sanity tests (#8141, #8142)
  *   8124 - SDK on i686 install issue.
  *   8367 - need to confirm gcc 5.x caused regression and understand why perl networking is broken
  *   8144 - native strip causing intermittent build failures on multiple autobuilders
  *   8303 - unknown dpkg-native issue causing build failures
  *   8561/8550 - networking of runtime tests sometimes fails
  *   8544 - ext4 corruption issues, fix pending testing
  *   YP 2.0 rc1 QA test report: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW41_-_2015-10-02_-_Full_Pass_2.0.rc1
Basically, we have a ton of bugs with Medium+ priority listed in the above test report and whilst no one medium+ blocks release, right now the count is simply too high

Key Status/Updates:

  *   systemd timeouts appear to be able to be worked around with ionice. Patches are WIP. Trouble caused by huge bitbake IO load using image from sstate (thanks Brian/Randy).
  *   wic selftest issue now resolved (thanks Ross/Leo)
  *   LSB sanity test failures now resolved (thanks Anibal)
  *   A worrying ext4 corruption issue was found, patch in testing (thanks Robert)
  *   Patch for perl regression in testing (thanks Armin)
  *   there are still bugs related to the SDK in various configurations
  *   there are still far too many medium+ bugs to be able to release
  *   continuing to make progress on bug list above but taking time
  *   RC2 has been submitted to QA to see what progress has been made and what still need to be fixed.
  *   We will be doing an rc3, which will push the release past Oct. 30th.  Current earliest estimate for release is Nov. 6th, but it could slip to a later date if the critical top bugs are not resolved.
  *   We are concerned at the number of patches for "2.1" on the mailing list, people are not concentrating on release stabilization

Reminders:

  *   We have renamed YP 1.9 to YP 2.0.
  *   The current version that is in development is planned to launch as YP 2.0 in October, 2015.
  *   The release name for YP 2.0 is 'jethro'.

Key YP 1.9/2.0 Dates:
YP 2.0 Final - 2.0 Cut off: Sept. 28, 2015 noon GMT (rc2 is in QA)
YP 2.0 final Release Target: Oct. 30, 2015 (We will miss this date.)

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.9_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Features

Tracking Metrics:
            WDD 2113 (last week 2090)
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com