[yocto] Alternate Terminal

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 23 00:56:02 PDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

On Thursday 22 October 2015 22:18:12 Smith, Daniel W wrote:
> Does anyone know of an easy way to install xterm, gnome-terminal, or Konsole
> on Yocto.  I need a terminal window that has a -e option to  execute a
> program in the shell, which matchbox-terminal appears to not support.

FYI you can find an xterm recipe in meta-oe:

  http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/?q=xterm

It should be a matter of cloning the meta-openembedded repository, adding the
meta-oe subdirectory of that to your bblayers.conf and then adding the xterm
package to your image's IMAGE_INSTALL.

Cheers,
Paul

--