[yocto] using do_install_append?

Smith, Daniel W dwsmith at ball.com
Thu Oct 22 11:26:53 PDT 2015

Hello,

This seems like it should be an easy task, but perhaps I'm missing something very basic so it is not working.

I have working recipe that installs the fluxbox window manager.  However I want to customize the default runtime configuration files located in /usr/share/fluxbox.  To do this I created fluxbox_1.3.5.bbappend in order to replace the default configuration files with my own.

This file contains the following:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend_poky := "${THISDIR}/files:"

SRC_URI = "file://apps \
           file://init \
           file://keys \
           file://menu \
           file://overlay \
           file://windowmenu "

#
# Install the customized Fluxbox configuration files.
#
do_install_append() {
  install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/apps          ${D}{datadir}/fluxbox/apps
  install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/init          ${D}{datadir}/fluxbox/init
  install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/keys          ${D}{datadir}/fluxbox/keys
  install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/menu          ${D}{datadir}/fluxbox/menu
  install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/windowmenu    ${D}{datadir}/fluxbox/windowmenu
}

However now when I bitbake fluxbox it fails to configure:

ERROR: Function failed: fluxbox: LIC_FILES_CHKSUM points to an invalid file: /export/home/dwsmith/poky-fido-13.0.0/build/tmp/work/ppc7400-poky-linux/fluxbox/1.3.5-r0/git/COPYING
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /export/home/dwsmith/poky-fido-13.0.0/build/tmp/work/ppc7400-poky-linux/fluxbox/1.3.5-r0/temp/log.do_configure.32643
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: SITE files ['endian-big', 'bit-32', 'powerpc-common', 'common-linux', 'common-glibc', 'powerpc32-linux', 'powerpc-linux', 'common']
| DEBUG: Executing shell function autotools_preconfigure
| DEBUG: Shell function autotools_preconfigure finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function autotools_copy_aclocals
| DEBUG: Python function autotools_copy_aclocals finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| NOTE: nothing to configure
| DEBUG: Shell function do_configure finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function do_qa_configure
| NOTE: Checking autotools environment for common misconfiguration
| DEBUG: Python function do_qa_configure finished
| ERROR: Function failed: fluxbox: LIC_FILES_CHKSUM points to an invalid file: /export/home/dwsmith/poky-fido-13.0.0/build/tmp/work/ppc7400-poky-linux/fluxbox/1.3.5-r0/git/COPYING
ERROR: Task 5 (/export/home/dwsmith/poky-fido-13.0.0/meta-lightwm-master/recipes-fluxbox/fluxbox/fluxbox_1.3.5.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 793 tasks of which 792 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Why would adding a do_install_append cause the config to now fail?  What am I missing?  I can remove  fluxbox_1.3.5.bbappend and it works fine, so there is obviously something I'm not doing right.

Thanks for nay help you can provide.
-Daniel Smith