[yocto] opkg 0.3.0 or rootfs task

Ahsan, Noor Noor_Ahsan at mentor.com
Fri Oct 16 12:38:19 PDT 2015

From: yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Ahsan, Noor
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 11:55 PM
To: Khem Raj
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] opkg 0.3.0 or rootfs task

From: Khem Raj [mailto:raj.khem at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 9:54 PM
To: Ahsan, Noor
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org<mailto:yocto at yoctoproject.org>

On Oct 16, 2015, at 5:47 AM, Ahsan, Noor <Noor_Ahsan at mentor.com<mailto:Noor_Ahsan at mentor.com>> wrote:

Hello,

I noticed that at the time of rootfs creation symbolic links of the ipk files present in deploy/ipk. The problem what have it while creation of symbolic link it take the full path till that ipk and remove slashes and convert them into underscores. Use that as the name of the symbolic link. This make a very long file names. If we have very long path then name of the symlink exceed from max filename limits. And we get following error

Collected errors:
* file_link: unable to stat `/var/jenkins/workspace/mel_cedar-main/buildhost/amd-ubuntu14-32b/buildtype/iot/machine/mel-dra7xx-evm/build_mel-dra7xx-evm/tmp/work/mel_dra7xx_evm-mel-linux-gnueabi/console-image/1.0-r0/rootfs//var/cache/opkg/volatile/file:_var_jenkins_workspace_mel_cedar-main_buildhost_amd-ubuntu14-32b_buildtype_iot_machine_mel-dra7xx-evm_build_mel-dra7xx-evm_tmp_deploy_ipk_mel_dra7xx_evm_kernel-module-lttng-ring-buffer-client-mmap-overwrite_2.6.2+git0+7a88f8b506-r0.0_mel_dra7xx_evm.ipk': File name too long.

Can anyone tell me why the addition of full path was added to the symlink name and can we remove it cause it is cause issues?

what does

getconf PATH_MAX /

show ?

jenkins at amd-ubu14-32-3:~$ getconf -a | grep  PATH_MAX
PATH_MAX                           4096
_POSIX_PATH_MAX                    4096

I think the issue is with file name not the path.

Secondly the googling which I did reveals that symlink creation can't be stopped. I just wanna confirm that is my findings correct?

Noor