[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW42

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Oct 16 08:35:16 PDT 2015

Current Dev Position: YP 2.0 Final (rc2 to be built soon)

Next Deadline: YP 2.0 Final Release Target: Before Oct. 30, 2015

SWAT team rotation: Randy -> Benjamin

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Top Bugs to be tackled (2.0 release blockers):

*         systemd timeouts in the sanity tests (#7919, #8141, #8142)

*         8124 - SDK on i686 install issue.

*         8139 - Randy need to review

*         8367 - need to confirm gcc 5.x caused regression and understand why perl networking is broken

*         8144 - native strip causing intermittent build failures on multiple autobuilders

*         8303 - unknown dpkg-native issue causing build failures

*         YP 2.0 rc1 QA test report: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW41_-_2015-10-02_-_Full_Pass_2.0.rc1

Basically, we have a ton of bugs with Medium+ priority listed in the above test report and whilst no one medium+ blocks release, right now the count is simply too high

Key Status/Updates:

*         systemd timeouts continue to cause concern, not least as the same issues may be affecting other images and the more stringent systemd tests may be highlighting issues

*         we believe we can soon solve the wic selftest issue

*         the LSB sanity test failures were traced back to custom bash memory allocator issues

*         there are still bugs related to the SDK in various configurations

*         there are still far too many medium+ bugs to be able to release

*         the 30th as a release date is starting to look extremely unlikely

*         we are concerned at the number of patches for "2.1" on the mailing list, people are not concentrating on release stabilization

*         YP 1.8.1 rc1 is out of QA (looks promising for release).

Reminders:

*         We have renamed YP 1.9 to YP 2.0.

*         The current version that is in development will launch as YP 2.0 in October, 2015.

*         The release name for YP 2.0 is 'jethro'.

Key YP 1.9/2.0 Dates:

YP 2.0 Final - 2.0 Cut off: Sept. 28, 2015 noon GMT (rc2 to be built soon)

YP 2.0 final Release Target: Before Oct. 30, 2015

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.9_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Features

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2090 (last week 2055)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com