[yocto] [meta-java] can zero shark be enabled again?

Jens Rehsack rehsack at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:14:16 PDT 2015

> Am 16.10.2015 um 16:26 schrieb Federico Pietro Briata <federicobriata at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi again,
>
> I saw that some JIT optimization for arm32 has been announcement in icedtea
>
> the announcement is available at http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2015-January/030392.html
>
> So I'm just wondering if anyone know if shark can be enabled again also in yocto recipes and can suggest me some tip to use it.

I fear you mix between ARMJIT provided by IceadTea and ZeroShark provided by OpenJDK.

While IcedTea maintains the ARMJIT within hotspot ported from OpenJDK6, ZeroShark uses LLVM's JIT.

Since ARM support in LLVM's JIT was utterly broken, MCJIT support is required for ZeroShark.
I was working on that but my ARMv7 and my ARMv5 are still crashing - even when I can realize some progress (how quick does it crash ^^).

Dunno if - and if, when - I find some tuits to continue the crash detection and fixing...

Cheers
Jens Rehsack - rehsack at gmail.com