[yocto] Not able to preserve a variable across two python functions in bbclass

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Fri Oct 16 03:04:47 PDT 2015

>I'm afraid not, other than dependency relationships, task functions are
executed independently and thus have their own scope. The way to do this
sort of thing is to set the variable in the parent scope i.e. the recipe
level (or above that, the configuration level).

Thank you for your reply Paul! I was afraid the issue can be this, I guess
setting it in some configuration above probably is the best way.

Best Regards,
Elena.