[yocto] Not able to preserve a variable across two python functions in bbclass

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Fri Oct 16 02:52:28 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am having a very stupid issue, which I can't figure out. I am setting my
own variable from one python function (via d.setVar) and then attempting to
read it from another python function (via d.getVar). Both functions are in
the same bbclass.

However, result of reading is always empty. But if I read this variable back
in the same python function, I get a correct value.

Aren't "d" store is global and supposed to work across functions and even
classes?

Here is the commit that shows that I am doing:
https://github.com/01org/meta-security-isafw/commit/590f7158a90c98dbb1bf650e
d081adbccb6e0006

Really plain simple, but doesn't work :(

Best Regards,
Elena.