[yocto] FW: packages are compiled but not included in the final image

Thanassis Silis djnass_18 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:02:55 PDT 2015

Hi Christopher,
thank you for the quick response. may I ask the following as well:

i am attempting to include "lmsensors"  as well as a CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.
I get errors while do_rootfs() runs

Error: lmsensors not found in the base feeds (imx6qsabrelite armv7a-vfp-neon armv7a-vfp armv7a armv6-vfp armv6 armv5e-vfp armv5e armv5-vfp armv5 armv4 arm noarch any all).
| ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see /mnt/hd/nassdata/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6qsabrelite-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-test/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.16989 for further information)
ERROR: Task 7 (/mnt/hd/nassdata/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-demos/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-test.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5692 tasks of which 5690 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (5691 of 5693)

it doesn't seem to be accepted but the log is not particularly informative.
In other cases that i googled it seemed that setting

ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN}-dbg = "1"
ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN}-dev = "1"

in sources/poky/meta/conf/bitbake.conf solved their issues. But these are already set in my case.

From: clarson at kergoth.com
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 11:06:32 -0700
Subject: Re: [yocto] FW: packages are compiled but not included in the final image
To: djnass_18 at hotmail.com
CC: yocto at yoctoproject.org

From: djnass_18 at hotmail.com
To: yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:53:51 +0000

Hi all,
I am attempting to add a few executables that are not there by default in a "core-image-base" image.

so my conf/local.conf looks like

MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabrelite'
#after version 1.5, use
#MACHINE ??= 'nitrogen6x'

DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm package_ipk package_deb"

#dev see http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/mega-manual/mega-manual.html
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = " debug-tweaks "
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += " package-management  "
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += " ssh-server-openssh lmsensors "

USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '2'
PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 2'
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""

#webserver
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " apache2 php "

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " rrdtool bc screen ntp minicom  "

The image has been created but I have the following problems.

while ntpd has been installed on the image and works fine, the executable ntpdate is NOT there.
bash is also missing from core-image-base . is that to be expected? Should I add it as a CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL or as an EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURE ?
Yes, that's expected, busybox is used by default. Add bash yourself if you want it, or use a different image.
For ntpdate, it's split out into its own package, so add 'ntpdate' to CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL as well if you want that.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com