[yocto] Missing sanity / dependency

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Oct 8 13:59:15 PDT 2015

I just ran across this on a [fairly new] system:

$ bitbake meta-toolchain -g -u depexp
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/local/poky-cutting-edge/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 45, in <module>
     cookerdata.CookerConfiguration()))
   File "/local/poky-cutting-edge/bitbake/lib/bb/main.py", line 334, in bitbake_main
     ui_module = import_extension_module(bb.ui, configParams.ui, 'main')
   File "/local/poky-cutting-edge/bitbake/lib/bb/main.py", line 103, in import_extension_module
     module = __import__(pkg.__name__, fromlist = [modulename])
   File "/local/poky-cutting-edge/bitbake/lib/bb/ui/depexp.py", line 22, in <module>
     import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk

Should this have been caught by the sanity checker, or perhaps
handled better?  In my Ubuntu case, I was missing python-gtk2
and friends.