[yocto] busybox udhcpd service file

Lukas Böhm lukas.boehm at iseg-hv.de
Tue Oct 6 05:57:20 PDT 2015

Hello and thanks for the answers!

Am 05.10.2015 um 19:10 schrieb Daniel.:
> I would suggest you to setup build history and look files installed by
> busybox package.

Ok, I did:  buildhistory/.../busybox/busybox-udhcpd/latest lists all the wished
files:
PV = 1.22.1
PR = r32
RPROVIDES =
RDEPENDS =
RRECOMMENDS =
PKGSIZE = 325
FILES = /etc/init.d/busybox-udhcpd /lib/systemd/system/udhcpd.service
/etc/udhcpd.conf /lib/systemd/system/udhcpd.service
FILELIST = /etc/udhcpd.conf /lib/systemd/system/udhcpd.service

>> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 12:28 AM, Lukas Böhm <lukas.boehm at iseg-hv.de> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want to use the busybox udhcpd server in conjunction with systemd. As
>>> there is no service file included in the recipe (v1.22.1) and no udhcpd.conf
>>> I made a bbappend to add this. Unfortunatelly the service file is not added
>>> to the final image but the conf-file.
>>> My busybox_%.bbappend looks as follows:
>>>
>>> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
>>> SRC_URI += " \
>>>                  file://udhcpd.conf \
>>>                  file://udhcpd.service \
>>>          "
> I don't really understand what you said. The udhcpd.conf file was
> installed on image but not
> the udhcpd.service file? Is that right? Can you check if busybox
> already ships udhcpd.conf file?

Yes, you understand that right. But no, busybox does not ship with udhcpd.conf.
At least not in my case with systemd distro feature.

>>> SYSTEMD_PACKAGES += " \
>>>                  ${PN}-udhcpd \
>>>          "
>>> SYSTEMD_SERVICE_${PN}-udhcpd = "udhcpd.service"
>>> FILES_${PN}-udhcpd += "${systemd_unitdir}/system/udhcpd.service
>>> ${sysconfdir}/udhcpd.conf"
>>>
>>> do_install_append () {
>>>    install -d ${D}${systemd_unitdir}/system
>>>    install -d ${D}${sysconfdir}
>>>    install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/udhcpd.conf ${D}${sysconfdir}
>>>    install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/udhcpd.service
>>> ${D}${systemd_unitdir}/system/udhcpd.service
>>> }
>>> The strange thing is, that the service file is installed to
>>> ${WORKDIR}/image/lib/systemd/system but not to the final image.
>>>
>>> Any hints how to make it will be highly appreciated.
>>
>> Did you inherit systemd ?
It is inherited in busybox.inc.

--
Lukas Böhm