[yocto] Help in building Custom Yocto Image

Falak Desai falak.desai at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 04:58:06 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm newbie in making custom yocto image, and I'm trying to create a custom one for my Intel Edison Mini Breakout Board..I want to make a yocto image in which as soon as my intel edison boots up, it should start streaming video over the network on a specific IP address...  and I'll get that video by accessing that IP address!
Typically it has only 2 tasks as soon as it boots:

Boot
1) Connect to WiFi2) Start streaming video using vlc

Now my main question is,
* WHAT ARE THE DEPENDENCIES THAT I WILL NEED IN IMAGE TO PERFORM ONLY THESE 2 TASKS ?
* WHAT OTHER DEPENDENCIES SHOULD I REMOVE FROM IMAGE TO MAKE MY IMAGE LIGHT WEIGHT ?

please help me out with this problem..
Thank you very much,Falak Desai