[yocto] Question about configure.ac:46: error: possibly undefined macro

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Nov 30 02:58:13 PST 2015

On 28 November 2015 at 01:32, Li, Hao H <hao.h.li at intel.com> wrote:

> autoreconf: running:
> /home/ssg/yocto/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/autoconf
> --include=/home/ssg/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/corei7-64-smallos-linux/libmicrohttpd/0.9.43-r0/libmicrohttpd-0.9.43/m4/
> --force
>
> | configure.ac:46: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_CHECKING
>
> |       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>
> |       See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> | configure.ac:63: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT
>
> | configure.ac:77: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_IF
>
> | configure.ac:110: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LINK_IFELSE
>
> | configure.ac:111: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LANG_PROGRAM
>
> | configure.ac:183: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_HEADERS
>
> | configure.ac:207: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
>
> | configure.ac:592: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_LIB

That happens when some required dependencies are not listed.  If I use the
current recipe in meta-soletta it works fine, but if I revert the last
commit (that adds inherit pkgconfig) then it fails just like that.  So, my
expectation is that you're using an old clone of meta-soletta and need to
pull the latest version (or if you can't do that, add pkgconfig to the
inherit list in that recipe).

Ross