[yocto] PRINC functionality workaround

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 03:16:04 PST 2015

Hi Paul,

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Paul Eggleton
<paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>
> On Thursday 26 November 2015 08:16:51 Belisko Marek wrote:
>> after upgrading to jethro release PRINC functionality was removed by
>> commit : a4d530bcf55f03258078c10a123e2717444e1060 on oe-core. PRINC
>> functionality was used in some of our recipes so I took part from
>> PRINC funtionality and put is to separate method (in bbclass) [0]
>
> You'll have to forgive me for asking the obvious question - why aren't you
> using the PR server?
basically we have some base layer which has e.g. PR="rev123" in bb
recipe. Then we have other layer where we extend functionality
to base recipe (add custom patches) and we was using PRINC so every
change in bbappend has increased PR.
PR is then finally used in our FW update scripts where we update only
when PR is changed.
So I would like to introduce kind of PRINC functionality with my change back.

>> I'm trying to use it in bbappend like:
>> inherit veryspecial_helpers
>> PR := ${increase_pr(5)} but this seems to be then evaluated as :
>> u-boot/2015.07-${increase_pr(5)} which is wrong and fails.
>>
>> Any ideas what is wrong with this approach? Maybe some brackets? Many
>> thanks.
>
> missing @ ?
Afters adding @ it complains:
 Failure expanding variable PR[:=], expression was ${@increase_pr(2)}
which triggered exception NameError: global name 'd' is not defined

> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> --
>
> Paul Eggleton