[yocto] [meta-intel] "Crazy" Xorg memory usage after upgrading from Daisy to Fido

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Tue Nov 24 15:44:19 PST 2015

Hi Vincent,

I may have made some progress. The undesirable memory usage within Xorg isn’t there if I create an xorg.conf file containing:

Section “Device”
  Identifier “Intel Video”
  Driver “intel”
  Option “TearFree” “true"
EndSection

So it looks as if I need to enable “TearFree”. I didn’t need to add this for the 2.99.910 version of xf86-video-intel included with ‘daisy’.

Chris