[yocto] Application Whitelisting on Yocto?

Schaaf, Jonathan P (GE Healthcare) jonathan.P.schaaf at ge.com
Fri Nov 20 12:22:05 PST 2015

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to Yocto, and am starting to work on a project that is pretty minimalistic.  Other than busybox, there will only be a handful of running services and executables.  I'd like to use some sort of application whitelisting technology to help keep the system secure.  My google-foo is insufficient to reveal any options that are "simple."  Does anyone on the list have suggestions?  I'd strongly prefer to avoid experimental kernel patches, and I'd also prefer to avoid trying to create an selinux policy from scratch...  unless that's a lot easier to do than I think it would be.

Thoughts?

Jonathan