[yocto] Query configuration

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Nov 19 09:01:36 PST 2015

On 2015-11-19 09:42, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I have a recipe that needs to make sure a global setting is
> in place (used by a different recipe).  How can I test for
> this variable/setting in my recipe and issue a warning/error
> if it is not?
>
> Thanks for any ideas

Never mind - it occurred to me to see if some other recipe had
such checks and I found some and was able to add this to my recipe:

# Make sure SPI will is enabled
python do_check_variables() {
     ENABLE_SPI_BUS = d.getVar('ENABLE_SPI_BUS', True)
     if ENABLE_SPI_BUS != '1':
        bb.fatal("PiFace module can't work without SPI support - Add ENABLE_SPI_BUS='1' to local.conf")
}
addtask check_variables before do_fetch

Not sure if this is the best way but it suffices.