[yocto] New warning(s)

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Nov 17 07:39:55 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> When I run bitbake using layers that are not GIT repos, I'm
> now getting a lot of messages like this:
>   fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /raid)
>   Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not
> set).
>
> This seems to be new (I've built from such trees many times
> before with no such messages) and it hardly seems "fatal".
> The messages apparently are coming from 'git' (I tested with
> git version 1.9.1 and 1.7.11)
>
> Why the change?

I believe we need https://github.com/kergoth/meta-mentor/commit/2125799
applied to oe-core, haven't had a chance to submit it yet, but it looked to
me like an accidental loss of the stderr capture/suppression when the
metadata_scm functions were reworked recently.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com