[yocto] Calling python function from shell function

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Sat Nov 7 10:04:16 PST 2015

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Vuille, Martin (Martin) <vmartin at avaya.com>
wrote:

> In my custom .bbclass, I have a python function
>

> python whatever () {
>

> }
>

> and I would like to call it from a shell function
>

> do_something () {
>

>     whatever
>

> }
>

> but bitbake gives me an error “whatever: not found” when building
>
> recipes based on this class
>

> Is what I am trying to do possible? Do I have the syntax wrong?

Not doable, no. You could make a python do_something which calls both
`whatever` and your shell `something_shell`, though. i.e.

python whatever () {
    pass
}

do_something_shell () {
    :
}

python do_something () {
    bb.build.exec_func("whatever", d)
    bb.build.exec_func("something_shell", d)
}
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com