[yocto] should layers define BB_DANGLINGAPPENDS_WARNONLY ?= "1"?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:37:52 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   perusing the meta-musl layer, and noticed in layer.conf the line:
>
> BB_DANGLINGAPPENDS_WARNONLY ?= "1"

should be avoided although meta-musl is a bit core in nature.
this is so that it can interface with several different compilers
coming from different layers and also different oe-core releases can
work with same branch of meta-musl.
 one may not have same layers attached to it. Ideally, those patches
should now become part
of the original layers as they have been accepted in gcc upstream and
so on. Hopefully as I will take
this into oe-core in coming months this should disappear.