[yocto] populate_sdk and debian packages problem

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:53:04 PST 2015

Hi,

I've just moved everything to fido and everything builds fine.  One of the
reasons for moving to Fido was to use the built toolchain and create an SDK
using populate_sdk but it is failing with the following message:
ERROR: Unable to install packages. Command
'/home/martin/ws_poweroasis/build/am43-devboard-aquila/bia-tmp-glibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/apt-get
install --force-yes --allow-unauthenticated nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host
packagegroup-cross-canadian-am43-devboard-aquila' returned 100:
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
W: Unable to read
/home/martin/ws_poweroasis/build/am43-devboard-aquila/bia-tmp-glibc/work/am43_devboard_aquila-oe-linux-gnueabi/bia-image/1.0-r0/apt-sdk/preferences.d/
- DirectoryExists (2: No such file or directory)
E: Unable to locate package nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host

I checked the nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host build and it's empty.

After a bit of searching I found that a similar problem exists in Daisy and
it was down to debian packages which I am using so I chaged to use the
default IPK and the error message disappears.

Is this a regression? or are Debian packages not supported for SDK?

Many Thanks,
Martin.