[yocto] Question on building out-of-tree modules on the target

Hart, Darren darren.hart at intel.com
Fri May 29 12:58:37 PDT 2015

On 5/29/15, 12:46 PM, "Rifenbark, Scott M" <scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com>
wrote:

>Ok - so we established that we want it... If I get some clarifications in
>there about the "rarity" of the situation that would allow someone to
>develop on the target and also the benefits of having a verified
>cross-development system if they were to develop on the host, does the
>rest of the section stand as is?  Are there any issues with it?

Adding something like:

"While the traditional Yocto Project development model would be to include
kernel modules as part of the normal build process, some developers find
it useful to build modules on the target."

This section is lagging the 1.8 addition of kernel-devsrc, which was not
applied uniformly across all included SDK images. There is probably a
patch necessary to do that for a 1.8 point release, and then this document
could be made to reflect that.

--
Darren