[yocto] Start openvpn with my own config at startup

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Thu May 28 04:23:27 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015, Matthew Karas <mkarascybi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an ovpn file I'd like my system to start up with.  I was able
> to install the openvpn file into /etc/openvpn using a bbappends file -
> but the system doesn't start openvpn like the openvpn docs describes.
>
> How do I set up openvpn to launch with my config file at start up?

Openvpn doesn't come with init or systemd support out of the box?

If you are using systemd there is a class that will take care of installing
and enabling a service file for you. You'd have to write the service file
yourself I think. There should be some examples of how other recipes are
using it if you search for systemd in the base poky recipes.

You can put your changes into the .bbappend and they should take effect
when you build and install the recipe.

Chris