[yocto] Changing VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager for initramfs image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu May 28 00:57:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 27 May 2015 21:36:41 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 27 May 2015 at 18:55, mar.krzeminski <mar.krzeminski at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have machine and in this machine I have two images. One of this images
> > is image for kernel initramfs.
> > In this image I want to change init manager to busybox mdev, while ine the
> > other one I use udev.
> > I can do that by changing VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager variable.
> > And now is time for dummy qestion, but I am not sure, if I change this
> > variable
> > in particular image everything will be ok? Is this a proper way to do so?
>
> Yes, you can have a default assignment in your distro configuration, and
> have another assignment in the image recipe that you want to have a
> different init manager.

No, I don't think you can, since these are controlled from packagegroups, not
the image recipe. It's certainly possible to create an initramfs image where
you don't actually use those packagegroups and therefore you can just select
the desired init system package directly.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton