[yocto] Using smart within an SDK

Ash Charles ashcharles at gmail.com
Tue May 26 16:30:16 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Randy Witt
<randy.e.witt at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> It is a bit of a different workflow than we were initially looking at, but I
> don't see a reason we couldn't do it. The locked signatures file should be
> able to be a superset of items you would want, so theoretically if you only
> wanted items from your sstate mirror to be used, the manifest would contain
> all items on the mirror. This would prevent the user from building something
> locally rather than pulling from the mirror and potentially not matching.
So the user would download a minimal SDK, run a devtool update to get
the super manifest listing everything in the sstate mirror as which
point they could pull what they needed.

> The nativesdk items are not in the extensible sdk, and the native items are
> just part of the bitbake workspace. This is why it should be fairly easy to
> add what you want. Because in the end it would just be adding an sstate
> mirror and doing a bitbake "native-foo". And we could wrap that with devtool
> or some other command.
That would be great.

> I do see the convenience and why you want it, so I'll talk it over with Paul
> tomorrow.
Thanks.  And please let me know if you need me to do any testing
:)---I'm watching for extensible SDK related patches.

--Ash