[yocto] bitbake core-image-minimal failure

Patricia Holden patholdn at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:10:03 PDT 2015

I'm trying to create a barebones linux for a demo board based on Intel
Atom.  I've got a kernel patch to add to it, so I created a BSP for Yocto
linux, gave it the config & patch and now I want to create a live image to
boot via USB stick onto the target board.  I got a basic bitbake done with
no problems.  I tried to run Qemu and got "missing movbe".  So I dropped
that course of action since I've got time limitations to get this project
done.   I tried to get SDK going, but ran into compile error for GLIBC.  So
I added the "IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " glibc-staticdev", got tons of
errors.  So I dropped that course of action too.  I read in the manual to
use IMAGE_FSTYPE = "live" to build a bootable image, so I'm doing
that now.  Once I've got this demo part done, I need to add an app for the
real target so I really would like to get Qemu/SDK going.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!