[yocto] How to enable php5 (php_5.5.24.bb) support for postgresql

Fri May 22 04:44:20 PDT 2015

I set BBCLASSEXTEND = "native" active again. My php_5.5.24.bbappend looks
like this (just one line):

PACKAGECONFIG_append_class-native = " pgsql"

However, the error still persists, nothing changed:

---------------------------------
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'postgresql-native' (but /recipes-devtools/php/
php_5.5.24.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
  postgresql
  strace-native
  popt-native
NOTE: Runtime target 'php' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['php', 'php-native',
'postgresql-native']
ERROR: Required build target 'myImage-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['myImage-image', 'php',
'php-native', 'postgresql-native']

When changing php_5.5.24.bbappend to

#PACKAGECONFIG_append_class-native = " pgsql"

everything compiles but of course the support for pgsql is missing. I found
this: https://www.yoctoproject.org/irc/%23yocto.2013-12-17.log.html But
this discussion is not helping me (search for postgresql-native)