[yocto] How to enable php5 (php_5.5.24.bb) support for postgresql

Thu May 21 14:21:53 PDT 2015

Good day,

I am working with the intel Edison. Therefore I am using the
meta-openembedded “daisy” branch (have a look here:
https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded/branches/stale). Using
another branch causes bitbake errors. Beside this, “daisy” is recommended
for the intel Edison within the official intel documents.

Nevertheless I added apache2_2.4.9.bb and postgresql_9.2.4.bb to my custom
image. However, php5 support is missing. Therefore I downloaded the php
recipe from the current master branch and put it in my custom layer:

https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded/blob/b070899000162e7f4baf75e2427216b39c641a12/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/php/

<https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded/blob/b070899000162e7f4baf75e2427216b39c641a12/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/php/>

Furthermore I created “php_5.5.24.bbappend” with the following content in
the same folder:

PACKAGECONFIG_append += "apache2"

PACKAGECONFIG_append += "pgsql"

bitbake php results in the following errors:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'uw-imap' […] but php/php_5.5.24.bb DEPENDS on or
otherwise requires it)

ERROR: Required build target 'php' has no buildable providers.

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['php', 'uw-imap']

So I removed the config “PACKAGECONFIG[imap]” from php_5.5.24.bb.  Result:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'postgresql-native' […] but /php/php_5.5.24.bb
DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:

  postgresql

  strace-native

  popt-native

ERROR: Required build target 'php' has no buildable providers.

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['php', 'php-native',
'postgresql-native']

Google does not show much for postgresql-native related to yocto. "bitbake
postgresql" is running fine... If I remove BBCLASSEXTEND = "native" from
the recipe I get the following result:

ERROR: This autoconf log indicates errors, it looked at host include and/or
library paths while determining system capabilities.

Rerun configure task after fixing this. The path was
"php/5.5.24-r0/php-5.5.24'

ERROR: Function failed: do_qa_configure

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
"php/5.5.24-r0/temp/log.do_configure.22410

ERROR: Task 5 (php/php_5.5.24.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

I appreciate any advice on how to set up php5 for postgresql.