[yocto] Usage of apt-get package in yocto

Raghavendra Kakarla Raghavendra.Kakarla at inedasystems.com
Wed May 20 02:01:04 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have some requirement with apt-get in yocto genearted rootfs.

I built the yocto source code with enabling the apt package.

But after booting the image on my machine and run the "apt-get" command for installing some package it gives the following error.

Could not open the file /var/lib/dpkg/status open(2: no such a file or directory).

The package lists or status files could not be parsed or opened.

Could you please help me for resolving this issue.

Regards,

Raghavendra K.