[yocto] Using smart within an SDK

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Thu May 14 19:54:28 PDT 2015

On 05/15/2015 02:21 AM, Ash Charles wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:26 PM, ChenQi <Qi.Chen at windriver.com> wrote:
>> For the nativesdk part, we can use smart/rpm to manage packages. A long time
>> ago, I tried this out and succeeded.
>> However, for the target part, we cannot do the same thing as the rpm
>> database for the target part is not usable after installation. I once tried
>> to solve this problem but failed.
>> You can have a little try and if you have some good news, let me know.
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I've not been able to use smart to install packages even on the
> nativesdk part---could you explain your steps?

I can recall that I used something like `PSEUDO_xxx=xxx PSEUDO_xxx=xxx
smart(or rpm?) ... --data-dir=xxx <command>'. But I don't remember
whether I tweaked something else. Sorry :(
That's really a long time ago and I didn't write a document at the time.

> What are the barriers to using the RPM database for the target part?

The rpm database is not usable. You do a query to list files that a
package installed and you will find all the paths are not correct.

We are now working a new kind of SDK in OE. We call it extensible SDK.
By design, its components could be updated/installed/removed using
sstate objects. The task is not completed yet, but we are working on it.

Regards,
Chen Qi