[yocto] recipe removing (some)contents of /etc

Smith, Virgil Virgil.Smith at flir.com
Thu May 14 09:34:56 PDT 2015

> > Change
> > IMAGE_INSTALL += “canlogger”
> > IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ canlogger”
> > or possibly better
> > EXTRA_IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ canlogger”
>
>   if you're putting this in local.conf, i'm pretty sure the preferred syntax is just:
>   EXTRA_IMAGE_INSTALL = "canlogger"

Yes, I think rday is correct and the intended purpose of EXTRA_IMAGE_INSTALL is to be used entirely from local.conf and thereby avoid the += vs ?= vs _append issues I mentioned.  At least EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES is listed this way in the Yocto manual.

To force an analogy, rday told you what side of the street is safe to walk on (use EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES) and I pointed out what dog bit you and how to pull his teeth (use _append).  However, depending on your situation, I may not have gotten all of those teeth (there are other issues with machine/other overrides potentially influencing variable values).

Notice to recipient: This email is meant for only the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a communication privileged by law, subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary information. If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then destroy it and do not review, disclose, copy or distribute it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.