[yocto] gtk-play issues

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu May 14 09:29:39 PDT 2015

On 2015-05-14 09:29, Burton, Ross wrote:

> On 14 May 2015 at 16:27, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com <mailto:gary at mlbassoc.com>> wrote:
>
>     Interesting - the version in OE-core is 84 revisions behind the master/HEAD.
>     Should I bother debugging what's in OE-core or see what's up with the latest
>     code?
>

> Try updating to the latest commit (and send the patch...).

Will do.

>         If you want to know what elements get dynamically created then I believe turning on debug (see the packageconfig) will let you write out dot files for each stage of the
>         pipeline.
>

>     I don't see any 'debug' PACKAGECONFIG settings, only GSTREAMER_1_DEBUG
>     variable and that seems to only affect the core.
>

> Erm yeah, that's the one.

OK, thanks.

BTW, neither gtk-play nor gst-play seem to work correctly with
an out-of-the-box qemu that I just built (from master at the
time of fido release - rev 515a8b790e08a48aaf64a6b7237e2b39390e35f6)

I'm not much of an x86 user - how would I build (which $MACHINE, etc)
to run on my generic [Dell] laptop so I can test it there?