[yocto] gtk-play issues

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu May 14 07:14:54 PDT 2015

I'm having issues with the new media player (gtk-play and gst-play)
on my i.MX6 based systems.  In order to try and track the problems,
I'm trying to build these programs outside of Yocto (so I can hopefully
see *how* they are meant to work).  Once I can build & test on something
other than my i.MX6, I hope to be able to fix the behaviour there.

I'm trying to build on the latest Ubuntu (15.04/x86_64), but have
run into a block in ./configure:
   No package 'gstreamer-video-1.0' found.
   No package 'gstreamer-pbutils-1.0' found.

Does anyone know what package(s) I need to install to be able
to complete the build?

Thanks for any pointers