[yocto] Using smart within an SDK

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Wed May 13 19:26:01 PDT 2015

Hi Ash,

SDK has basically two parts, nativesdk part and the target part.
For the nativesdk part, we can use smart/rpm to manage packages. A long
time ago, I tried this out and succeeded.
However, for the target part, we cannot do the same thing as the rpm
database for the target part is not usable after installation. I once
tried to solve this problem but failed.
You can have a little try and if you have some good news, let me know.

Best Regards,
Chen Qi