[yocto] Why does my bitbake build hang fetching linux-yocto-3.14.git

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue May 12 23:57:11 PDT 2015

* SMITH Peter T <peter.t.smith at alstom.com> [150512 17:25]:
> Fairly new to Yocto, trying to build Wind River's Linux distro
> (https://github.com/WindRiver-OpenSourceLabs). Everything goes to plan
> until bitbake gets round to fetching a clone of linux-yocto-3.14 (see
> output below), when bitbake just hangs forever (I left it overnight).

> If however I try to clone manually with "git -c
> core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 clone --bare --mirror
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/git/linux-yocto-3.14.git
> /home/user/wr-core/build-xilinx-zynq/downloads/git2/git.yoctoproject.org.git.linux-yocto-3.14.git"
> which seems to be the command line executed by bitbake, everything
> works as expected.

If it works for you, when running it manually at the same computer (with
the same network), it shouldn't at least be any firewall issues. Does it
help to re-run the fetch task? (Thinking of temporary network issues
together with something stalling).

Just a couple of questions.

Does the log.do_fetch reveal anything?
If you enable the debug flags for bitbake, do you get anything that
makes sense when re-running the fetch task?

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander