[yocto] Strange behaviour with stripped connman + openvpn

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Tue May 12 04:59:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've been looking at some strange behaviour with connman in dizzy (1.25)

With OpenVPN configured and a connman configuration file defining a VPN,
for some reason the service doesn't appear, e.g. connmanctl services

In trying to track down why this is I found that if I use a connmand
daemon binary which is not stripped then all works as it should.

So for those who see this issue, an interim workaround is to inhibit
package stripping in a connman_%.bbappend

e.g. INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP = "1"

Regards,

Alex