[yocto] piTFT support in yocto

abhishek srivastava abhishek.embsys at gmail.com
Wed May 6 22:48:11 PDT 2015

Hi all
I am looking for piTFT 2.8" resistive screen in yocto.
Even though, i can see those fbtft drivers in stagging mode in linux
3.18.11 but i do not know how to use it?
when i can expect these drivers to be included in Linux kernel? I have
checked notro's github but it doesn't go in sync with yocto procedure. I
have tried using $bitbake linux-raspberrypi -c menuconfig,  and i can see
that under Touchscreen option, required driver is already selected:
ADS7846/AD7873.........

But when i connect my piTFT, its all white.......no display ?How can I make
it functional and till when it would be officially included in kernel.

please help